If you are not able to visit Florence during the low season (in November and in January-February) and you don't want to queue up, we recommend making a reservation to the State Museums of Florence, especially for the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Gallery.
From home or online
- on the home page of the website www.firenzemusei.it, which is the ONLY “Official site for Polo Museale Fiorentino online ticketing”. Here you can make an advance ticket purchase online, so it is necessary to have a credit card for the transaction. You will receive an email with the museum voucher, which you must print and present at the museum entrance, using the booked tickets door (for the Uffizi, door no. 3);
- by calling +39 055 294883 (which sometimes involves long waiting times). You will first hear a recording that asks you to press “1 for Italian”, “2 for English” or "3 for Spanish"; then you will follow by pressing “1 for single visitors", "2 for tour operators" or "3 for schools"; at this point there is a message saying that "the first availability to visit Uffizi and Accademia will be on..."; finally you can "press 8 to proceed with booking". In this case, you make a telephone booking, i.e. after choosing the date and time of your visit, giving the full name and number of persons booked, you will receive an Idcode. You must have this code with you at the museum ticket office when you arrive at your visit time (entering by the booked tickets door – for the Uffizi, door no. 3) so that your tickets can be paid for and issued. The “Firenze Musei” ticket office is open Monday through Friday, 8.30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m., Saturday 8.30 a.m.to 12.30 p.m., closed on Sundays and holidays.
In Florence downtown
There are a number of options:
- at the “Firenze Musei” ticket office located at the Chiesa di Orsanmichele in Via dei Calzaiuoli (between Piazza del Duomo and Piazza della Signoria), which is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4.15 p.m., closed Sundays and holidays. This is a pre-purchased ticket, so it must be paid for at the time of booking;
- at the My Accademia bookshop, located near the Galleria dell'Accademia, in Via Ricasoli 105r, which is open Tuesday through Sunday from 8.15 a.m. to 5 p.m., closed on Mondays;
- at the ticket offices of all the state museums (except the Accademia Gallery) during the opening hours. This is also a pre-purchased ticket (paid for at the time of booking).
If you are already in Florence and are not able to make the booking in any of the above-mentioned ways, another possibility is to go to the entrance of the Uffizi or the Accademia half an hour before opening time (8.15 a.m.-6.50 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday) so that you will be the first to enter as soon as the museum opens.
During high season, the queues at the entrance to the Uffizi may reach three hours of waiting time.
The extra charge to book admission to the Uffizi Gallery and the Accademia Gallery using the methods described above is € 4.00 per person per museum.
For the other state museums the cost is € 3.00 per person per museum, but generally it is not necessary to book in advance.
Another possibility to get into the most important museums without queueing is by buying the new Firenze Card. Read more about the benefits of the card.
Please note that the other private websites that offer advance booking to the state museums charge a higher price than the official Polo Museale Fiorentino.